Maryland Blue Crab Dip
This crab dip is simple and delicious. You must use the real crab meat to get the full richness and flavor, I cannot emphasize this enough.
1 lb. Lump crab meat - can be bought at Costco or Trader Joes!
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp seafood seasoning (add to taste) - Philips seafood seasoning is best
1-2 tbsp pickled jalapenos, chopped
2 cups jack cheese, grated
1 tbsp parsley
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
1. Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, seafood seasoning, parsely, jalapenos and jack cheese. Mix until all ingredients are evenly blended (hand mixing produces the best results).
3. Blend in crab meat using caution as to not break up the lumps. Should only require approximately 10-15 stirs to blend.
4. Pour mixture into lightly greased deep dish glass dish (8x8x2).
5. Bake at 350 degrees until top is golden brown and bubbling, approximately 30 minutes. Stir a few times during cook time so ingredients are well combined.
6. Serve hot with french bread slices, crackers, tortilla chips, or pita bread.
It is OK to email this member (but you must sign in first).
Comments on this recipe
This recipe is great! We added a few tbsp of chopped pickled jalapenos wich was a nice touch. We also used about 1 cup of jack and 1/2 cup cheddar for the cheeses.