Chinese-Style Chicken Drumsticks
2 lbs Chicken drumsticks
2 stalks green onions
2 cloves garlic, halved and smashed
2-3 slices of fresh ginger peel (from marinade)
3 tablespoons Sake (Japanese or Chinese rice wine)
salt and pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon chinese chilli sauce (sold in Asian section of supermarkets)
pepper to taste
cilantro for garnish
1. Lay chicken in a large skillet or saute pan. Add pre-cooking ingredients, close lid and turn on heat to medium. Once liquid starts to boil turn heat to low and 'steam' for 30 min or until well done. Remove liquid and herbs.
2. While chicken is steaming, mix together marinating ingredients.
3. Add chicken to marinade while still hot. Let it sit for 30 min or longer if preferred.
4. Set Broiler or Grill to high. Cook both sides for 6-7 min each.
5. Serve with chopped cilantro.
-This recipe also works great with ribs.
-You can prepare up to #3 ahead of time. Add cooking time in this case.
-Pre-cooking the meat with rice wine first allows the meat to stay tender and come off the bones very easily.
It is NOT OK to email this member regarding this recipe.